FLSA Classification: Hourly, Non-exempt, part-time and full-time positions available
Position Type: This is a part-time or full-time position to cover shifts Monday – Friday, 4:00 pm – 12:00 am, and 12:00 am – 8:00 am. Saturday – Sunday, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm, 4:00 pm – 12:00 am, and 12:00 am – 8:00 am.
Reports to: Lead Housing Manager
Travel:Any travel that is required will be completed locally. When transporting clients, it will only be done with a RCCS company vehicle. The employee is expected to be able to be flexible enough to work at the different company properties-even during the same shift.
Manages Others: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The role of Restoration Counseling & Community Services is to provide sober housing to clients of Restoration Counseling and Community Services. This position is responsible for managing the residents at the house, once they are outside the treatment facilities.
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be 23 years of age or older
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with clients, parole officers, ISR agents, police, social workers, and fellow workers.
- Driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Willingness to work flexible hours listed above
- Document one year of freedom from chemical use problems
- Pass Minnesota Department of Human Services Background Study
- Understand the philosophy of addiction and recovery, as well as various substance abuse (within 2 weeks).
- Experience working with people with addiction and criminal backgrounds.
- Able to work independently and with a team
- Comfortable working with drug and alcohol clientele in Restoration Counseling and Community Services programs (RCCS).
- This includes people who are in substance abuse recovery, many of which have
- Comfortable with ambiguity and fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong moral reasoning
- Solution focused
- Must be comfortable working with people from various cultures and background
- Model pro-social behaviors at all times
- Provide supervision and redirection when needed with residents to reduce recidivism and sober living
- Document happenings of all residents in order to communicate well with the RCCS Counseling staff
- Ensure safety of residents
- Enforce house rules, including curfew
- Maintain resident confidentiality
- Follow reporting procedures regarding incident reports
- Communicate with other staff regarding shift happenings
- Function as a member of the sober housing support team
- Participate in trainings and attend staff meetings
- Complete housing maintenance duties as needed
- Perform related duties as required
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the Lodging Manager. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
While performing the duties of a Lodging Manager, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust and focus. An employee in this position may need to lift at least 10 pounds, exert him/herself while performing physical restraints and blocks.
This position description is not meant to be all-inclusive. It defines the critical job responsibilities and requirements only, which are subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodations or for other reasons.
Our Core Values
We do what we say. We manage our programs honestly and directly, accept reponsibility for our actions, and follow through on commitments and promises.
Human capacity knows no bounds. We believe that all individuals possess the ability to make positive life changes and contribute to the good of their communities.
Good enough is not in our vocabulary. We continuously strive to exceed expectations in all we do and don’t settle for less. Our clients and communities depend on it.