FLSA Classification: Exempt, Salaried
Position Type: Full time days with occasional evening and weekends.
Reports to: Program Manager
Travel: Minimal (between locations in the metro area)
Manages Others: Not at this time
The roles of RCCS are to restore clients to sober and active members of the community, and to provide prevention services to community members who are at risk of falling to substance abuse and criminal lifestyle. This position will be responsible for representing RCCS’s brand with face to face client interactions. The Counselor isresponsible to operate within the standards and guidelines of the RCCS program plans, policies, and procedures. The Counselor performs all duties identified in the Work Flow in addition to those listed below
- A master’s degree in a behavioral science field from an accredited college and written confirmation from the Minnesota Board of Behavioral Health and Therapy that the employee is eligible to accrue hours towards full licensure.
- Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor under the following Minnesota Statute, Chapter 148F.
- Knowledge of, understands and complies with rules adopted under Minnesota Statutes, Chapter 148F and Chapters 245.462 Subdivision 17 3 and 4 or subdivision 18.
- Meets requirements and knows and understands the implications of the following additional Minnesota statutes:
- Chapter 245G ((Substance Abuse Treatment)
- Chapter 245A (Human Services Licensing Act – HSLA)
- Section 626.556 (Maltreatment of Minors Act – MOMA)
- Section 626.557 (Vulnerable Adults Act – VAA)
- Section 626.5572 (VAA Definitions)
- Knowledge of and understands client rights and staff responsibilities
- Knowledge of and understands CFR-42 as it relates to the obtaining of a Release of Information
- Understand the philosophy of addiction and recovery, as well as chemical abuse and dependency and criminal thinking
- Documented two years of freedom from chemical use problems
- Excellent reading and writing skills
- Excellent clinical writing skills
- Effective interpersonal communication skill
- Ability to work independently, identify problems and solutions
- Ability to work as a team, give and receive positive feedback and constructive criticism
- A personal philosophy that is respectful of others, appreciative of differences, and client-centered
- Integrity, honesty and commitment to quality
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle
- Pass Minnesota Department of Human Services Background Study
- 1-2 years of previous experience providing individual and group counseling to clients dual diagnosed with substance related and mental health disorder(s).
- Proficient in MS Office and internet applications
- Proficient in Procentive
- Comfortable with ambiguity and fast-paced environment
- Solution Orientated
- Positive attitude
- Open to professional development
- Diversity and inclusion
- Attention to detail
- Able to type 40 words per minute
- Function as a member of a treatment team, comprised of the Counselor, CD Technician, Program Supervisor, Treatment Director, Mental Health Professional and other staff members and consultants, as needed
- Complete assessments and treatment plans written within the ASAM criteria.
- Conduct group activities, group facilitation, individual counseling and family education counseling for clients assigned to him/her.
- Under the supervision of a licensed Mental Health Professional, conduct mental health screenings, bio-psycho-social assessments and diagnostic summaries as assigned. Provide individual, family and group therapy for RCCS clients as assigned and clinically recommended.
- Develops effective working relationships with individuals receiving services as well as their families as needed while maintaining professional boundaries.
- Act as supervisor, if qualified, for interns or trainees and provide direct supervision for other members of staff, acting as a member of the counseling team
- Responsible to act as an ambassador for assignedsite location, and able to speak to the clinical services provided.
- Reports progress and changes in client condition to clinical director, clinical supervisor, client physicians and referral sources on an ongoing basis as indicated.
- Complete all required written documentation according to program policy/regulation. This includes at a minimum weekly progress reports, clinical reviews and ITP updates as needed.
- Participate in committee work and other appropriate tasks as requested by the Director
- Participate in annual training as required by 245G.
- Perform other duties as assigned including assisting at other RCCS locations.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the Program Manager. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
While performing the duties of a MICD Counselor, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust and focus. An employee in this position may need to lift at least 10 pounds, exert him/herself while performing physical restraints and blocks.
This position description is not meant to be all-inclusive. It defines the critical job responsibilities and requirements only, which are subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodations or for other reasons.
Our Core Values
We do what we say. We manage our programs honestly and directly, accept reponsibility for our actions, and follow through on commitments and promises.
Human capacity knows no bounds. We believe that all individuals possess the ability to make positive life changes and contribute to the good of their communities.
Good enough is not in our vocabulary. We continuously strive to exceed expectations in all we do and don’t settle for less. Our clients and communities depend on it.